If you’re an aspiring athlete who wants to excel in your own individual sports performance and athletic development, this is the route for you.
We focus on supporting your existing training and competition commitments by ensuring you have a flexible school day and academic timetable.
It’s designed to give you the best of both worlds – sporting excellence combined with academic achievement.
How does it work?
- In Year 10: combine the Programme with GCSEs and our Level1/2 First Award in Sport.
- In Year 12: combine the Programme with A levels OR our BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport (level 3)), including *Analysis of Sports Performance, The Athlete’s Lifestyle, Fitness Training and Programming and Sports Nutrition
What does it include?
As an athlete, this route is focused around your individual development through understanding how your body and mind work together to maximise your technical and tactical performance.
In addition to your studies, you will take part in our Sport Performance Programme which includes:
- Sports Performance specific sessions
- Tailored strength and conditioning including physiological and biomechanics testing,
- Weekly sport psychology support,
- Performance management reviews
- Media training
- Nutritional guidance
- Video analysis.
- Access to our our world-class High Performance Sport Centre
- Access to additional world-class sport facilities on-site at the University of St Mark & St John
- Olympic/Commonwealth level coaches and mentors